Last modified on 02 March 2023
Hippo Enabler does not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not send any information about yourself to us.
- The controller of your personal data
Your personal data is controlled by Hippo Enabler with registered address at Rautatienkatu 21 B, FI-33100 Tampere, Finland.
If you have any questions concerning the way your personal data is processed or want to contact Hippo Enabler for any other reason relating to your personal data, you may contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What kind of personal data do we collect and process?
Hippo Enabler may collect certain information from you, by which you are individually identifiable (i.e., your personal data). The data collected from you may include business contact information, such as name, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses. As user of HippoMeter, you will be asked for information regarding your professional role in your company, your professional background, and your basic demographic details. Additionally, you need to provide usernames, passwords, and other such credentials to be used in the authentication of authorised users, in order to provide access to HippoMeter.
Hippo Enabler may collect your personal data through:
- the use of HippoMeter
- the registration in the Hippo Enabler Service Platform
- our Websitehippoenabler.com
- activities and communications, email interaction, contacts, webinars, and other events
- How do we use your personal data?
4.1 Processing of personal data
Hippo Enabler always processes your data in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, including GDPR. The legal base for processing your personal data is either to perform a contract, for the purposes of a legitimate interest, or to comply with a legal obligation.
4.2 Use of personal data
Hippo Enabler may use your personal data to the extent necessary for the purposes of:
- setting up and maintaining your registration with HippoMeter and fulfilling your requests,
- ensuring the technical functionality and security of HippoMeter,
- operating, managing, developing, and improving HippoMeter and other services
- analysing HippoMeter and its usage patterns,
- charging applicable HippoMeter fees,
- communicating with you, and
- protecting the rights and property of Hippo Enabler as well as preventing and investigating fraud and other misuses.
- Where do we store your data?
The personal data we collect is stored and secured in accordance with general industry standards and practices. Personal data is stored on the servers of Amazon Web Services (AWS). The AWS servers are located in the EU. All data is considered confidential.
- Who has access to your HippoMeter data?
Only you, your HippoMeter Team Leader, and the technical administrators of Hippo Enabler’s Service Platform can access your HippoMeter data.
Your HippoMeter Team Leader has the sole right to share your team’s Internal Report, which contains references to your personal HippoMeter responses. Your Team Leader and your team’s Enabler Organisation have the sole right to share your team’s Financier Report, which contains your name and information on your role in the company, but no references to your personal HippoMeter responses.
Hippo Enabler has the right to access and process HippoMeter data as deemed necessary and relevant for the operation and development of HippoMeter and our Service Platform.
- For how long do we store your data?
We retain the data collected for the period necessary to provide Hippo Enabler Service and for as long as the customer relationship or other comparable relationship exists and for a reasonable time thereafter, as permitted or required by law. After such time, we will either delete or anonymise your information or, if not possible, securely isolate and store it until deletion is possible.
8. Sharing personal data with third parties
8.1. Solicitation of data
Unless otherwise stated below, Hippo Enabler does not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose personal data to unauthorised third parties without your consent. We will not disclose your identifiable data to third parties for direct marketing, market research, polls, or public registers.
8.2. Sharing of data with service provider partners
8.3. Sharing of non-identifiable data
Hippo Enabler may disclose or make available to third parties such automatically collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally identifiable information that does not constitute personal data and does not allow the identification of individual users.
8.4. Use of data for benchmarking and trend detection
We may also use your anonymised analytics data to detect trends and provide benchmarks for other users of the HippoMeter service. In these cases, all data will be fully anonymised so neither your identity nor the identity of any persons or companies in your analytics data will be disclosed.
9.1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your web browser. They are used to create a smooth user experience. The cookies cannot harm your software or devices, and they do not read any other data on your device’s hard drive.
9.2. Cookies on Hippo Enabler’s Website and Service Platform
Our Website at www. hippoenabler.com and Service Platform at www.service.hippoenabler.com use functional cookies which are essential for ensuring best working performance.
Statistical cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our services by collecting and reporting information. We use Google Analytics (GA4) only with its anonymization and use the data only for aggregate statistical reporting purposes.
- Your privacy rights and choices
You have the following legal rights relating to your personal data which you may, as appropriate and in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, exercise by contacting Hippo Enabler:
- the right to know what personal data Hippo Enabler holds about you and to request access to such information,
- the right to have your personal data corrected if the personal data is inaccurate or completed if it is incomplete,
- the right to request Hippo Enabler to delete personal data about you if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected,
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data. Please notice that in such situation we may not be able to serve you anymore,
- the right to request access to your personal data and to obtain information about how we process it.